Saturday 19 November 2011

Interview with Lori Corsentino

Hello and welcome to our world Lori Corsentino. As we live in an enchanted forest and we are magical folk, let us transport you to another world for your interview today. Tell us where you would like to go and why. It could be another time or a setting that is special to you. Just say the word and we are there…….
I’d love to visit England, either in current times or during the Regency period. I’m just fascinated by it.

I – What would you say is the most important thing to consider before starting to write a book?
An aspiring author needs to commit themselves to the project. That means you need to be working on the project, five days a week, just like a job. Whether it be plotting, brainstorming, or actually writing, the author needs to put in the time.
M – How do you plot your male characters? Are they based on people you know or your ideal man? Do you have physical or mental pictures of your male characters?
I work with a bunch of guys, and I’ve been friends with various men most of my life, so I take information I’ve learned and use it for my male characters. I always throw something in that I would find ideal, but I’d say that my heroes are a nice mish-mash of the best – and not so best – of what I know of the men in my life.
I have to have an actual picture of my hero before I can begin to “hear” him clearly. You can bet I look through a lot of magazines looking for the right guy!
P- Do you like to work in peace and quiet? Or noise?
It all depends on what I’m doing. When I’m writing intently, I usually like some background music. New age, classical, and jazz are all good because they don’t have words in them. When I’m plotting, I usually like silence, or music with words. It’s funny how sometimes I can associate a specific song with a character. In Evelyn, I have found a song that represents Alexander to a T! I’ve also found one that is Claudius’ theme song. Both are new age and have a medieval taste to them.
 F - What do you like to do for fun?
I enjoy gardening and digital photography. Combine the two, and you have a wonderful spring or summer day spent at the Denver Botanic Gardens photographing the beautiful flowers. I also enjoy creating jewellery with natural stones.
A – What has been the most amazing point in your life so far?
I think viewing the scenery on the train trip from Denver to Glenwood Springs, Colorado was pretty amazing to experience.  You can’t see that when travelling in a car.
Visiting the monument in Pearl Harbour, and the cemetery at the Punch Bowl on Oahu were both amazing. It was an honour to, for a time; share the same space as the brave crew of the Arizona.  The Punch Bowl is a beautiful place, fitting for the souls it hold. Besides, just being inside an extinct volcano was pretty amazing.
I will also say November 15, 2011 was full of amazing things. It was the release day of my novella Evelyn in the Finding Ms. Wright anthology. That was pretty amazing! 
All of these things have taken my breath away and made me sit in awe, but for many different reasons.
I – What is your favourite musical instrument and why?
I’d say the guitar, because there is so much you can do with it, and so many different sounds that it is capable of producing. Think about flamenco music, and then compare it to you favourite heavy metal or country band. Each type of music uses the same wood and strings, but the hands and mind of the one who wields it gives each a completely different interpretation. What an amazing instrument.
R – Do you like reality shows?
No – not really. There is little to no reality in reality shows. I’d prefer a good documentary if I want to see some real life.
Y – What is your favourite memory from your youth or childhood?
Being in the mountains, camping and/or fishing on a summer morning with my family is a biggie. Snuggling up to my Dad when I was a child, or being held by my Mom comes a close second.

Lori’s love of reading has transcended to include penning her own tales of romance. She is experimenting with writing in several different genres, including paranormal – a definite favorite. “There is just so much you can do when you step outside the known world,” she explains “and creating a paranormal story allows you to take yourself and your readers anywhere your imagination wants to go!” Her debut novella, Evelyn, will be published as part of the Finding Ms. Wright: Three Tales of Extraordinary Love anthology available from 5 Prince Publishing .

No comments:

Post a Comment