Monday 28 November 2011

Interview with M. L Guida

Hello and welcome to our world M.L Guida. 
I – What would you say is the most important thing to consider before starting to write a book?
  The most important thing I consider is an idea where I see the story heading.  Before I write, I have to figure out my characters’ enneagram.  An enneagram is a personality type.  This will help develop the character’s goal, motivation and conflict.
M – How do you plot your male characters? Are they based on people you know or your ideal man? Do you have physical or mental pictures of your male characters? 
 Like I said before I identify their enneagram.  In Cassandra, Eric is definitely an eight which means he’s a leader, the boss and/or controller.  He’s a demon and an alpha male.  I get a definite picture of my male characters in my mind.  Some authors use pictures, but I don’t. 
P- Do you like to work in peace and quiet? Or noise? 
 Both.  I hate to admit this, but most of the time the television is on.  I like the noise, but there are other times, especially in the summer, where I like to write outside. 
 F - What do you like to do for fun? 
 I like to ski, take my dog for a walk or watch my nephews and niece sports game.  There’s nothing like cheering for my nephew when he racing down the side line with the football in clutched next to him. 
A – What has been the most amazing point in your life so far?
  I have to admit it’s getting published.  Many people dream about it, but it’s actually happening to me and its exciting. 
I – What is your favourite musical instrument and why?
  I love to listen to the electric guitar.  I never left the 80’s.  I love to listen to Eddie VanHalen strum his guitar or the first three notes of ACDC’s You Shook Me All Night Long. 
R – Do you like reality shows?
 I do.  I used to be addicted to the Biggest Loser, but after Jillian left I lost interest.  But the one I always wanted to go on with my younger sister was the Amazing Race.  I would love to travel all over the world and do all those crazy antics. 
Y – What is your favourite memory from your youth or childhood? 
  My favourite memory is waking up on Christmas morning.  I used to wake up really early like two or three in the morning.  I’d run down the hall to the living room and see all the toys around the Christmas tree and run back and wake my sister who got mad when I told her what she got.  I have to admit I love Santa Claus and still do. 
M. L's story appears in the paranormal romance anthology, Finding Ms. Wright, available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment